Companies want to utilize the marketing budget that is set out for them during the fiscal year. Not only do unspent budget dollars get lost at the end of the year, the budget-makers are typically looking for areas that they can make some cuts—and unused budgets are the ideal place to start.
Here are some ways to spend end of the year funds to really impact the response to your marketing efforts.
Leverage the Holiday Season
Tie in the upcoming holiday season in with your product line to create a themed promotion that will make your company stand apart!
- Incorporate promotional marketing items that incorporate your product categories
- Promote special offers and support these promotions through your website and social media
- Send handwritten cards, celebrating the holidays and thanking clients for patronage
- Send a personalized gift with or without your companies brand to thank clients for loyalty throughout the year
- Utilize sales promotional tools and offers to encourage clients to make a purchase before the end of the year
Stock-up on Essentials
What do you use around the office each year, or give to clients and prospects at trade shows and events? Use the rest of your marketing budget to restock these items. Here are some ideas…
Restock items like branded pens, notepads, folders, mugs or unique items that help increase your brand awareness year-round.
- Pens – branded pens provide great brand exposure at a very low investment that are easy to store away until they are needed. Give away to employees, clients and prospects!
- Notepads – branded notepad and memo cubes are desktop “musts” that are always popular. Use internally or give to clients and prospects to keep your brand in front of them each workday.
- Calculators – branded calculators get a lot of attention, especially at the end of the year. Very useful product with all financial, accounting and insurance industry employees, clients and prospects.
Anticipate Future Needs
If your company attends or runs an annual conference, trade show or event, gives out incentive gifts to salespeople or gives out client appreciation gifts, purchase branded products now, rather than next year. This way, you are not only effectively using your leftover budget, but you are proactively thinking about future projects and getting a head start!
National Thank Your Customers Week
Start the year off with a memorable promotional campaign for National Thank Your Customers Week that takes place January 2nd through the 6th, 2017. Get in touch with your clients to show them you appreciate them. Give away simple, useful items such as tote bags, desktop gifts or custom apparel. Running a campaign to thank your clients also gives you the opportunity to connect with your clients to gauge the business opportunities you will have with them for the upcoming year.
Contact on3 Promotional Partners today, to determine the
best way to utilize your marketing budget before year end!